From: David Wright (
Date: 06 Oct 2003

> The one author I can't seem to get away from is
> Charles Willeford.

If you get the chance, check out his 'The Difference,' originally published as 'Hombre from Sonora' under the name Will Charles. If there was ever such a thing as a Noir Western, this is it.
     (although I've never read Alan LeMay's novel
'The Searchers,' the basis for the very dark John Ford movie of the same name - that might qualify...)
   David Wright
   Seattle Public Library

===== David Wright Seattle Public Library