Re: RARA-AVIS: Question for Marijane Meaker: The fifties

From: Bill Crider ( bcrider@houston.rr.com)
Date: 06 Oct 2003

I read all Boucher's reviews of the Vin Packer books in the NYTBR. I'd like to know more about how you worked on the crime novels. I know some of them were based on actual cases, and one (GIRL OF THE BESTSELLER LIST) seems to be based on what might have happened if a writer like Grace Metalious was murdered. I loved the cover of that one, which appeared to be based on the famous photo of Metalious on the back cover of the Dell pb of PEYTON PLACE.

And did you know any of the other GM writers, like Charles Williams?

Bill Crider