Re: RARA-AVIS: Nice to be back

From: Geir Glosvik ( gglosvik@online.no)
Date: 03 Oct 2003

> I think Bill saw a need for a specialized
> newsgroup about hardboiled fiction, which was a marginal
> topic of discussion in that group. He turned out to be
> right.

He sure did.

> Now, what the hell did I say about Hammett? Just don't
> quote me...

It was something about Carroll John Daly publishing his short story "The False Burton Combs" in the "Black Mask" in 1922 while Hammett didn't occur in "Black Mask" till 1923. I think that was it, but I didn't check the archives. Whatever. It's just that it is so very pleasing to me and I guess a lot of people that Bill and the rest of you have managed to keep this list going through all these years. Congratulations to all of you!

Regards, Geir Glosvik