Re: RARA-AVIS: Marijane Meaker's web site

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 02 Oct 2003

William Denton wrote: I didn't see anything about the Gold Medal books under the Vin Packer pseudonym, though that I would have loved to know about that when I read DINKY HOCKER SHOOTS SMACK. Perhaps teens these days are more delicate. There are pictures and even sound clips, so we can all imagine what she looks like and how she talks when she sends some mail to the list. Welcome, Ms. Meaker!

************** I had a hard time believing that Ms Meaker could have the audacity to break into the young adult market with a title about shooting up heroin, but she did it in style and became even better known for her M.E. Kerr novels than her Gold Medals.

My 15-year-old daughter just finished a book called SMACK by Melvin Burgess, and she's wanting to ask Ms Meaker about her young adult books.

miker