Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Pinkney Benedict

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 18 Sep 2003

Wideman is very realistic, heavy, and depressing. I'd recommend reading him, but not when you're feeling down and vulnerable. IIRC, a lot of his plots are based on family members' travails, which makes the gloom and doom worse.
    I heard Lynch do a reading on NPR. He's the "poet-undertaker"--good but not my cuppa.
    The other two are unfamiliar. Joy