RARA-AVIS: Re: Killers, And The Poets Who Know Them (An Addendum)

From: chrisaschneider@earthlink.net
Date: 17 Sep 2003

-----Original Message----- From: Mario Taboada < matrxtech@yahoo.com> Sent: Sep 17, 2003 9:21 AM To: rara-avis@icomm.ca Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Killers, And The Poets Who Know Them

"... Perhaps we [i.e. fans of Chandler and Hammett] are too cynical to idolize *any* writers. As cynical as hardboiled writers themselves..."

--

What's more, we don't even congratulate ourselves...
The final line of that "killer" verse, by the way, as inspired by the recent TLS review of Martin Amis' "Yellow Dog," is: