RE: RARA-AVIS: Slamming the Doors

From: Dave ( davezelt@comcast.net)
Date: 16 Sep 2003

>> A killer on the road whose brain is squirming like a toad? Toads hop,

>> they don't slither. Ah, but then "snake" doesn't rhyme with
"road"...

I guess as a kid you never picked up toads. If you did you'd know they can squirm like hell.

Hey guess what, your and other posts simply prove that music, like literature, is SUBJECTIVE. Personally, as much as I liked Zevon, if given a choice I'd toss my Zevon albums before I gave up my Strange Days or L.A. Woman albums. But hey, that's only my opinion.

Another darkish songwriter that I love is Leonard Cohen. Maybe his stuff is too political + soulful to be considered hard-boiled.

-Dave