RARA-AVIS: Showdown at a Princeton dive: Taboada

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 10 Sep 2003

Somehow, I suspect anyone who types as much as Oates doesn't sport particularly long nor pointed nails...my counterargument would've run along the lines of, if you're going to chide JCO for similarities in much her work, you may want to get on, say, Chandler, as well...as for all the women as pure-victim stories, I'll direct you to her lead story in the Spring '03 GETTYSBURG REVIEW, "Doll: A Romance of the Mississippi," featuring a very dangerous young woman indeed.

TM, who hardly ever checks anything, and it too often shows

-----Original Message----- From: Mario Taboada [mailto: matrxtech@yahoo.com]

<<TM, who was too busy to take issue with you about Joyce Carol Oates the other week.>>

I'll be at the speakeasy. I'll see you alone. Guns at the hat check, please. Actually, you can bring Joyce. Nails at the hat check, please.