RARA-AVIS: Seven Anderton: Taboada after Moore

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 10 Sep 2003

-----Original Message----- From: Mario Taboada [mailto: matrxtech@yahoo.com] But who was "Seven Anderton"?

Warren Harris was kind enough to quote this Anderton bio from ARGOSY in FictionMags:

Here's a bio from the Argonotes from Argosy, March 30, 1929:

I was born thirty-five years ago. (Poor, but honest, parents.) I came into the world on the prairies of Dawson County, Nebraska. Early in life I discovered that I had at least one quality in common with freight trains--they were always going somewhere, and so was I. Consequently I palled around with a lot of rolling stock. Having acquired a habit of eating, I had to stop now and then and work. Wasn't particular as to the location or the nature of the job. As a boy I became a
"devil" in a country print shop, so kept graviating back into newspaper work. Between newspaper jobs, I was a sailor, miner, lumberjack, harvest hand and common tramp. Put in a few months under the banner of the late Francisco Villa, in Mexico, and then wandered for awhile in the rest of Latin America. Returned to the U.S.A. and newspaper work. Met a wonderful girl and fooled her. She married me, and I discovered that I couldn't enjoy myself while she was hungry. Decided to become a sober, industrious young man. Alas! I found that it was too late to become young, but I sobered up and managed fairly well with the industrious part. A chap who had a grudge at magazine editors convinced me that I should write fiction. I tried it and became an addict. Too bad! But it seems to be too late to do anything about it. Have a little daughter who still thinks her papa is a burglar, but fear I shall not be able to keep the truth from her much longer. She catches me at the typewriter every once in awhile. There you are. If Argosy-Allstory readers feel that they must know more of the sad details, I will answer all inquiries, provided stamps are inclosed.
--Seven Anderton