Re: RARA-AVIS: K.W. Jeter, Kim Newman

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 09 Sep 2003

Chris wrote:

"Does your alluding to "Farewell, Horizontal" mean that you've already read Jeter's "Dr. Adder"? If not, you should make a point of it. Very much in the same style -- i.e. more SF-like that either "Land of Dead" or "Wolf Flow" -- only stromger and more memorable."

Yes, I have read Dr. Adder. I thought it was good, but I far prefer Jeter's Farewell Horizontal and Glass Hammer.

"There's a comic novella where Chandler-ish themes meet Lovecraftian ones which can be recommended. "The Big Fish" is, I believe, its title."

Chris, if you haven't seen them, you might want to check out the two movies featuring private eye H. Philip Lovecraft, played by Fred Ward in Cast a Deadly Spell and Dennis Hopper in Witch Hunt (the first is very good and a lot better than the second).

Mark