RARA-AVIS: Re: Hunt Collins' Guthrie Lamb

From: Moorich2@aol.com
Date: 07 Sep 2003

In case the lurking Steve Lewis does not do a posting of his own, he tells me that Evan Hunter as Ed McBain certainly remembered his old "Famous Detective Stories" series character Guthrie Lamb. Lamb as an older private detective helps Matthew Hope in the mystery GLADLY THE CROSS-EYED BEAR.

That book now moves to the top of my want list. I really like the fact that Hunter would remember the character and bring him back so many decades later.

Richard Moore