Re: RARA-AVIS: Marlowe's morality

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 31 Aug 2003

Jay,

I think the only thing separating us is semantics, you say amoral and I say immoral. In my mind, if Marlowe knowingly does wrong, goes down the road to hell with good intentions, he is being IM-moral, not A-moral. To me, amorality is defined as lacking morals. Someone without morals is not "sullied" by bad acts, since s/he does not consider what s/he does as wrong. That said, though, I think we see Marlowe in the say way, just use different words to describe his actions.

Mark