Re: RARA-AVIS: Marijane Meaker

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 31 Aug 2003

Todd Mason wrote:
> Meeker seems to have more faulty information about her floating around
than
> most not-terribly-obscure living writers, perhaps in part because of her
> love for compartmentalizing her literary life and playing with pseuds.
Just
> try to get a good accounting of her novels to agree with almost any other
> you can find. (I've had sources stating baldly that she never used "Ann
> Aldrich" on fiction, and others, I believe correctly, implying or stating
> quite the opposite, for example.)

*************** This is definitiely the case for me. I was under the impression that she had other novels published before SPRING FIRE. All the bibliographies I've seen are very partial. I understand that she wrote 17 Gold Medals for Fawcett. I'd be happy with just a listing of them. Her HIGHSMITH book starts about in the middle of her Gold Medal career.

miker