Re: RARA-AVIS: Marijane Meaker (and "Ann Bannon") will be on NPR's FRESH AIR today.

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 28 Aug 2003

Thanks for the link to the Meaker interview, Todd. I just finished her first big hit, SPRING FIRE. Did she say anything in the interview about that book? I've heard that the lesbian subject matter was requested by the publishers. I'd like to hear how much influence they had over what she wrote.

I've started her HIGHSMITH book. It's good. I'm normally a lot more interested in the fiction than the writers' lives, but the book has got a lot of good stuff in it. Her writing is as good or better than ever.

miker