Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Themes of the Months

From: Mark Sullivan (
Date: 28 Aug 2003

Chris, you mentioned Jeter's "Noir." How is that? I liked the few novels I have read by him, especially Farewell Horizontal. And I once read that Jeter described his In the Land of the Dead as, "Jim Thompson mates with corpses in John Steinbeck's bed." Given that description, I have no idea why I've never read it. Is it accurate?

Related to the sci-fi/noir fusion, what's Kim Newman's Night City like?