RARA-AVIS: Books different than movies

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Aug 2003

In my opinion, the only obligation that a screenwriter, director, producer or actor has to the souce material is to make a damn good movie from damn good source material.

Often, as in the case of Mickey Spillane's "Kiss Me Deadly" and "L.A. Confidential," his, her, or their obligation is to make a good or great movie out of a so-so book.

I think that as a movie "L.A. Confidential" is one of the best. After recommendations here, I've tried to read the book again, but it my opinion, the book is a mess.

Note, opinions as always.

Jack Bludis

===== http://JackBludis.com