RARA-AVIS: Re: One more time?

From: Moorich2@aol.com
Date: 25 Aug 2003

In a message dated 8/24/03 4:02:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time, owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca writes:

<<
 Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:47:35 -0700 (PDT)
 From: JIM DOHERTY < jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com>
 Subject: RE: RARA-AVIS: Top 10 Noir Films... AND MORE

 Etienne,

 Re your comments below:

> I suppose that nobody here will again try to prove
> that Noir is strictly a
> kind of expressionist crime film produced during a
> certain time frame by
> the American cinema (roughly 40's and 50's).

 Then you suppose incorrectly. First of all, I didn't
 TRY to prove it. I DID prove it. And, having proved
 it, I wasn't going to bring it up again, but since you
 have, I'll be more than happy to go over the old
 ground one more time.

I hung in there through the endless pontification and rapidly changing defenses the last time but just barely. If we are about to be subjected to another round of this most obnoxious string, I don't think I can take it.

Richard Moore