RARA-AVIS: Black Wings Has My Angel

From: Duane Spurlock ( duane1spur@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Aug 2003

This novel by Elliott Chaze got discussed a bit recently on the list. An article by Black Lizard Books founder Barry Gifford in the Jan/Feb 2000 issue of THE OXFORD AMERICAN, "The Blond, the Gun, the Heist," is a brief memoir of Chaze and "his unforgettable novel." Gifford explains how he set about trying to secure the rights to reprint this novel, which he said was "the one novel I wanted most to publish in the series." This issue includes a brief excerpt from the novel.

There's also in this issue an excerpt from a Harry Crews interview from GETTING NAKED WITH HARRY CREWS. Perhaps of slightly less interest to this group -- the first installment of Grisham's "A Painted House" appears in the this issue as well.

You can have my like-new copy for $5, which includes shipping. (On the Oxford American site, this back issue goes for $10 + $2.50 S&H.)

First come, first served -- the first person to email me off-list at this address -- duanespur@hotmail.com
-- is the lucky customer!

Thanks muchly!

- Duane Spurlock Proprietor The Pulp Rack http://www.pulprack.com