Re: RARA-AVIS: Where to start with Ross MacDonald

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 23 Aug 2003

Mark McGlone wrote:
> So could anyone tell me whether there's anyone novel that's a better
> introduction to the series than the others? Should I start at the
beginning?

************ I hear that the ZEBRA-STRIPED HEARSE is a good one. My only experience with Ross is THE DARK TUNNEL. I wasn't too impressed with it. It's an early novel of his, before the Archer series began. It's about a college professor who uncovers a Nazi spy ring in the States. It wasn't bad. It just didn't have the impact I was expecting.

miker