Re: RARA-AVIS: Where to start with Ross MacDonald

Date: 22 Aug 2003

Re your question below:

> So could anyone tell me whether there's anyone novel
> that's a better
> introduction to the series than the others? Should I
> start at the beginning?

I'm kind of anal about reading series books in order, but even if that weren't the case, I'd still say the best one to start with is THE MOVING TARGET. Some paperback editions of this book appear under the title HARPER (and will probably have Paul Newman on the cover), even though there's no one of that name in the book.