RARA-AVIS: Where to start with Ross MacDonald

From: dmcglone@san.rr.com
Date: 22 Aug 2003

I've never read anything by Ross MacDonald. I've wanted to for years but for one reason or another have never gotten around to it.

I was about to begin reading, The Goodbye Look, but I pretty much picked that one at random and it occurred to me that that may not be the best place to start.

So could anyone tell me whether there's anyone novel that's a better introduction to the series than the others? Should I start at the beginning?

thanks for your time,

Mark McGlone dmcglone@san.rr.com