Re: RARA-AVIS: Top 10 Noir Films: Thanks!

From: Cinefrog ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 22 Aug 2003

wonderful fims ...and in fact, The Servant is the reason why I work in films nowadays since I saw it at the Maison de la Culture in Pau, France in 67, while a junior in high school...but neither one of these films are 'Noir' by whatever definition of the genre one goes by.....and there have been many for the last 25 years....yet, if you say that The Servant is 'Noir' ...then what will you say about The Criminal from Losey also....and Blow Up is a murder story...but the film is not "noir"....anyway this is a bit of semantic stuff really because there are many westerns which are positively noir...and I would start with The Wild Bunch...or Ride In The Wirldwind