Re: RARA-AVIS: Noir Films

From: Cinefrog ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 22 Aug 2003

I think it's Etienne Chaumetton...but I'm at the office and can't check immediately...anyway you are perfectly correct it is now of historical interest and has validity when checking the origins of the terminology...if one is interested in the discussion: is Noir, a genre vs is Noir a movement...ect...etc...and I think this discussion is mostly irrelevant nowadays but.... the book is interesting and worth savoring in that historical respect...