RARA-AVIS: Noir Films

From: Donna ( donna.moore@virgin.net)
Date: 22 Aug 2003

Hi All,

Bill wrote:

> I highly recommend Eddie Muller's DARK CITY. Some of the discussions of the
> movies are better than the movies.

Also his DARK CITY DAMES about the wicked women of film noir and the most gorgeous coffee table book ever THE ART OF NOIR.

Some great lists of movies. Here are a couple of my favourites which I don't think I've seen mentioned: IN A LONELY PLACE with Humphrey Bogart, based on a book by Dorothy Hughes, which I understand is being reprinted. GUN CRAZY KANSAS CITY CONFIDENTIAL

Donna