Re: RARA-AVIS: Top 10 Noir Films

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 21 Aug 2003

Steve,

I know I'm risking our getting sidetracked here, but how strict are you in your definition of "noir films"? I mean, do they have to be b & w films of the '40s? Or are you using the more general sense of dark crime films, which would include more recent films like, say, Tarantino's?

You're the one who's going to be buying the films, so which are you looking for tips on?

And, of course, you'll have to buy Altman's Long Goodbye.

Mark