Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Hit Me (The Jim Thompson Adaptation)

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 20 Aug 2003

Again, catching up.

Chris wrote:

"One name you forget to mention is the man who wrote the screenplay [Hit Me], Denis Johnson. He's a very fine -- really! -- novelist and sometimes playwright whose tales can have a decidedly noir feel. I'd recommend his "Resuscitation of A Hanged Man," which strikes me as a bit of a Neil Jordan film *manque*."

I agree with the recommendation of Johnson, and I, too, liked "Hanged Man." However, I think his first novel, Angels, is far more in line with the interests of this group. And maybe Jesus' Son.

Mark