Re: RARA-AVIS: Here's my theory

From: Miles Archer ( marcher@bctonline.com)
Date: 20 Aug 2003

on 8/20/03 7:49 AM, Bill Crider at bcrider@houston.rr.com wrote:
<<>>
> And about the time those died out, video
> sales and rentals boomed. I read an article the other day about the fact
> that most videos are rented and bought by men, a fact that's shaping the
> video market in the same way the mystery market was shaped when publishers
> discovered that most of the books were being bought by women.
<<>>

And that's where the market for short stories (esp. genre) went. Gone, kaput, finito. Just try to get 'millions' of words published as a short story writer today.

I hear lots of folks claiming the market will somehow be reborn...but I ain't seein' evidence to support their fantasy.

Ah well, at least there will be used books for while. After they all fall apart, short story readers will just have make up their own.

Miles