RE: RARA-AVIS: Some Details About The Caviar Feast

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 18 Aug 2003

(Sturgeon's own pun long before it was mine.)

"A Way of Thinking" is one of the most hardboiled horror stories one could possibly want. While "It" and "Shottle Bop" and not a few others are simply brilliant horror fiction, of a kind a RAvian might find very enjoyable.

"Mr. Costello, Hero" and "Affair with a Green Monkey" may or may not be particularly agreeable to readers here... TM (SOME OF YOUR BLOOD not hardboiled, but pretty noirish)

-----Original Message----- From: chrisaschneider@earthlink.net
-------Original Message------- From: Mario Taboada < matrxtech@yahoo.com>
> I stumbled upon this page while looking for a Sturgeon
story. It turns out that fans of this giant have a feast available.

My knowledge of Sturgeon is slight, but it does seem that his novel "Some of Your Blood" (which I only know by reputatiom) is the title most in accord with an R.A. *Weltanschauung*.

I will, however, recommend his "More Than Human" (three connected novellas) to anyone and everyone.