Re: RARA-AVIS: Joseph Losey and Noir

From: Cinefrog ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 14 Aug 2003

Two references here when talking about Losey and 'some' noir: 'Figures in a Landscape' and of course 'The Criminal"with Stanley Baker (how about him as a noir hero/character...remember Zulu)...or even The Servant...or even further into derisive territory like Modesty Blaise....Figures in a Landscape had another haunted noir soul: Robert Shaw...both films were the highlights of a Losey retrospective many years ago in Pau, France The Criminal is available in DVD in the States and is a must in the gritty world...