RARA-AVIS: Pendleton shelved

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 13 Aug 2003

Haven't had much trouble finishing the books I've started. I usually bail on about 1 out of 10, but I can only think of 1 out of the last 80 that I couldn't finish. That would be Craig Rice's TRIAL BY FURY. I got into it about 35 pages before it went back on the shelf.

But I think I just set a record for fewest number of pages before bailing. I quit Pendleton's FRIDAY'S FEAST (#37) after 5 pages. When we were going through the decades I got started ahead of time and read a lot of 30s through 50s but got tight on time in the 60s and 70s, so I've been trying to target that time period. I replaced Pendleton's with CUTTER AND BONE. It looks a lot more promising.

miker