RARA-AVIS: John Morgan Wilson

From: T. Kent Morgan ( tkmorgan@shaw.ca)
Date: 12 Aug 2003

Don Cannon wrote:

>I would recommend the John Morgan Wilson books. . . As good as I think the
books are, I think they've suffered from being written for a narow audience. They do have graphic sex scenes, often pretty violent, that some would prefir not to read about. I do think mambers of this list would enjoy them."

I would echo these comments. Wilson wrote to me to thank me for including one of his books on my top ten list on another mystery list. If memory serves, we discussed the graphic sex scenes that I also found difficult to read and he suggested that they along with the strong homosexual content may have turned off some readers. He said he was having trouble finding a publisher to continue that series and he is now writing a mystery series with a music theme jointly with bandleader Peter Duchin.

I'll try to find his messages which I may have saved on disc in order to pass on his exact comments. The books are certainly worth tracking down.

Kent Morgan