Re: RARA-AVIS: academic questions

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 11 Aug 2003

Mark Sullivan
> This got me thinking. Is there an equivalent of the femme fatale in
> crime novels featuring homosexual protagonists, a character who uses
> his/her sexuality to lead someone of the same sex to their destruction?
> I'm not nearly well read enough when it comes to gay crime writers to
> even begin to see patterns.

************* Diana Maitland in Porter's MONKEY'S MASK is an unquestionable femme fatale. Manipulation through sexual attraction is the key. What about Highsmith's TALENTED MR. RIPLEY? I have only seen the movie, but that looked close. Acceptance, flirtation, friendship, and then cold rejection.

miker