Re: RARA-AVIS: Debord (was Jean-Patrick Manchette)

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 09 Aug 2003

miker, you have gotten the right impression, Society of the Spectacle is, indeed, a socio-political treatise/critique, 221 numbered paragraphs. It is not fiction. I don't think Debord wrote any fiction, though he did make a few films -- I haven't seen any of them; well,
"seen" may go too far, as one contained no images, just dialogue, decades before Derek Jarman's Blue. Debord later published various new prefaces and comments on Society of the Spectacle, along with Panegyric, the first (only?) volume of his autobiography which was translated by James Brook, who also did the honors on Manchette's Prone Gunman.

Mark