Re: RARA-AVIS: Jean-Patrick Manchette

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Aug 2003

Etienne, there's no doubt that Debord was prescient and his
"societé ¤u spectacle" has become a nightmarish reality. Like McLuhan, Ellul and a few others, he knew how to pay attention to tools (in this case, intangible tools).

Jean Baudrillard has the virtue of identifying important issues. He knows what's going on. I think his personality and volubility get the better of him. He's like the guy who has a really good story to tell but then starts exagerating so much that the listeners get suspicious.

Thanks for the further information on Manchette. I now have him on my "to get" list.

Best,

MrT