Re: RARA-AVIS: Jean-Patrick Manchette

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Aug 2003

Miker,

Re your comment below:

> He's written
> another one that's been translated and I think I saw
> a movie version of
> it with Jack Nicholson as an ex-cop who can't give
> up on his last case
> concerning a murdered child.

I think the movie (and book) you're thinking of was called THE PLEDGE. That novel was written by Ferderick Durenmatt (might be spelling the name wrong), not Jean-Patrick Manchette.

It's also been filmed (in Europe) as IT HAPPENED IN BROAD DAYLIGHT, with a script co-written by Durenmatt, and as a European made-for-TV movie.

JIM DOHERTY