Re: RARA-AVIS: another new willeford

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 05 Aug 2003

On 5 August 2003, Mark Sullivan wrote:

: The latest newsletter from Dennis McMillan lists among upcoming
: publications, '. . . a large Charles Willeford compendium, to be
: entitled The Muse, Mr. Willeford, and Mammon, which will include a
: reprint of his rare pbo Understudy for Love, his first master's thesis,
: "The Novels of Nathanael West," and a lot of previously unpublished
: short stories.'

Hey, that's excellent news. www.dennismcmillan.com says it'll be out in 2004, so they're be a wait, which is too bad, but I'm sure it'll be a beautiful book when it's done. McMillan is also doing limited editions of new novels from George Pelecanos, James Crumley, and Scott Phillips, so there's lots to look forward to, even if we just get the regular hardcover at the store or the library.

Bill