Re: RARA-AVIS: Leonard's When the women come out...

From: Chris Martin ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 05 Aug 2003

I also enjoyed Leonard's recent short story collection. Great comment, MrT, on out-Cheevering Cheever. That is probably my favorite story in the bunch.

Leonard also has a great short story in a recent book I read called (I think) The McSweeneys Anthology of Thrilling Tales. Leonard's thrilling tale is titled "How Carlos Webster Changed His Name to Carl and Became a Famous Oklahoma Lawman." Leonard's dry humor is always a treat.

Chris Offut is another fine and sometimes hardboiled writer discussed on RA with a story in this collection. Offut's story is not hardboiled, but it is fun to read.

Chris

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail