Re: RARA-AVIS: Robbe-Grillet and JEALOUSY

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 05 Aug 2003

He of the Mohawk and gold chains, Mr T wrote:

"When I was in college, I wrote a rave paper about _Trans-Europa Express_, a 1966 movie by Robbe-Grillet."

I know the Kraftwerk song.

"In retrospect, it must have been the influence of Marie-France Pisier, who shares the bill with Trintignant... Why don't they make girls like that any more?"

Trintignant? Isn't he the father of the woman who was just beaten to death, allegedly by her rock star (well, as much of a star as a French rocker can be) boyfriend?

"The movie could be called noir. I say "could" because I still don't know what it's about. At least I can blame it on memory... Is the damn thing on video? I could make it a double feature with Marguerite Duras's
_India Song_."

Don't want to pair it with Last Year at Marienbad?

Mark