Re: RARA-AVIS: Robbe-Grillet and JEALOUSY

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Aug 2003

Bill Crider wrote:

<<When I was in grad school, I read JEALOUSY three times and even wrote a paper on it. But I'm still not sure exactly what happened. Or maybe I know what but now when. Or maybe . . , oh, forget it.>>

When I was in college, I wrote a rave paper about
_Trans-Europa Express_, a 1966 movie by Robbe-Grillet. In retrospect, it must have been the influence of Marie-France Pisier, who shares the bill with Trintignant... Why don't they make girls like that any more?

The movie could be called noir. I say "could" because I still don't know what it's about. At least I can blame it on memory... Is the damn thing on video? I could make it a double feature with Marguerite Duras's _India Song_.

But that's enough of juvenile confessions...

Best,

mrt