RARA-AVIS: Re: "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" and Credibility

From: chrisaschneider@earthlink.net
Date: 04 Aug 2003

-------Original Message-------
Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Starr, Movies, Current Reads

--

Yeah, the same team's "Man With Two Brains" was *much* more believable ...
(Actually I do love "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid," for -- among other things -- its take on the Hawks/Furthman "You know how to whistle, don't you?" line and for that gorgeous footage it includes from "The Bribe.")

Chris

P.S. As far as seeking out "My Favorite Spy" or "They Got Me Covered" is concerned ... they ain't exactly the first Bob Hope pictures I'd choose. Give me "Road to Morocco" or "Ghost Breakers" any day. But "Spy" and "Covered" *do* contain songs cowritten by the great Johnny Mercer -- the one in "Covered" cowritten with (ah!) Harold Arlen and the "Spy" one with too-little-known Robert Emmett Dolan.