RARA-AVIS: PI Winners and Losers

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Jul 2003

Time to change the heading. We're no longer talking about hardboiled politics but something else.

I diasagree that most PIs are losers. Most are winners within the framework of the particular goals they set up for themselves.

A PI gets a job, stumbles on murder. He stays with the job and along the way he finds the killer and brings him/her to justice is some way. Even in those PI novels where the killer is not truly brought to justice, the PI is satisfied in some other way--as is the reader.

It is in noir, the other kind of fiction that we discuss here, that we find our losers.

Jack Bludis

===== http://JackBludis.com