RARA-AVIS: Re: _Mildred Pierce_

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@postikaista.net)
Date: 14 Jul 2003

Etienne:

> But he was unquestionably one of the great noir authors, one of the
> founders of the American noir lit., willing or not, just because of his
> handful of best novels.

The three or four short stories I've read by James Cain have been boring and have showed none of his energy in "Postman" or other early novels. What's the story written totally in dialect? It was published in one of the pulp anthologies, two or three years back? That was awful, even though the plot was good.

Juri