RARA-AVIS: Re: Straw Dogs

From: MisterGrey@aol.com
Date: 29 Jun 2003

>And Peckingpah did change the story when he filmed it -- Hoffman's
>character may have wondered about his wife, but it's in the novel, at
>least, it's clear she didn't enjoy being raped. I mean, does anyone
>besides Andrew Luster think people WANT to be raped?

That _was_ in the book? I can't, for the life of me, remember her getting raped in the novel. Could you point me in the direction of the scene?

And it's kind of OT, but apparently, Peckinpah did believe women enjoyed being raped (he at least thought that some deserved it), and there's at least one bigshot female psychiatrist out there who encourages rape victims to admit to themselves that it was pleasureful, although they may not have wanted it.