RE: RARA-AVIS: Hit Me

From: Dave ( davezelt@attbi.com)
Date: 28 Jun 2003

He played Elvis or a guy who thinks he's Elvis or the ghost of Elvis or all of the above in a movie called "Finding Graceland". I watched it on cable a few months back, not a great movie but interesting enough to keep me from turning it off. And Keitel, as usual, was terrific.

Yeah, Mean Streats is a great movie, but none of the scenes with Keitel and DeNiro can compare to their final confrontation in Taxi Driver.

-Dave

-----Original Message----- From: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca [mailto: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca] On Behalf Of Mark Sullivan Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2003 4:48 PM To: rara-avis@icomm.ca Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Hit Me

Dave wrote:

"My choice for Marlowe - Michael Madsen, although if Keitel can play Elvis, what the hell - give him a shot."

I hadn't thought of Madsen, but that's a good choice. However, the real reason I'm writing is to ask when Keitel played Elvis. That is a bizarre notion.

I saw Keitel last night in Mean Streets, as part of AFI's honoring DeNiro. What a great movie.

Mark

.