Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: "Frisk" movie, Dennis Cooper

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 27 Jun 2003

Chris wrote:

"The book of "Frisk" is very much worth reading, by the way."

I absolutely agree. I hope I didn't imply otherwise with my capsule description. It's got some very rough stuff in it, is extremely exploitative in parts (mostly in a good way), but all adds up in the end. It's the only book I've read by Cooper, though. What would you recommend reading next?

That's a shame about the film, though. Araki would have been a good choice. Still, I may have to check it out for the Parker Posey bit, since I'm a big fan of hers. Wouldn't it be nice if someone compiled all of her great scenes from otherwise dismissable movies?

Mark