Re: RARA-AVIS: Keitel as Marlowe?

From: jumblejim ( jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 26 Jun 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mario Taboada" < matrxtech@yahoo.com> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 11:52 AM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Keitel as Marlowe?

> Having seen the kind of acting Harvey Keitel is capable of
> -- good enough to stand alongside Erland Josephson in
> Angelopoulos masterpiece _Ulysses's Gaze_ and hold his own
> admirably--, I wonder why he has never been called upon to
> play Marlowe...

If Harvey Keitel ever gets to play Philip Marlowe, I may just have to gun him down on the soundstage before his first take. Granted, I have a personal animosity toward the man, but I also admire his acting greatly. But he is so freaking wrong for Marlowe in my view that the very idea makes me a little queasy. And that's not just because of the New York accent. Not to mention he's too old now.

Jim Beaver