Re: RARA-AVIS: guns

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 26 Jun 2003

After clarifying the .38/.45 question in regards to Mike Hammer
(thanks), Jim wrote:

"When the later series, the one with with Stacy Keach, was made, Spillane stipulated that, whatever else was done, Mike Hammer HAD to carry a .45 automatic."

I seem to recall that that was one of two stipulations, the other being that it must be set in NYC. It made me wonder how they got him to sign off on the Rob Estes version set in Miami.

Rare Bird John Lau has written some amusing stories here about writing that script, but he never mentioned if there was any conflict with Spillane about the relocation.

Mark