RARA-AVIS: New Willeford...

From: Ron Clinton ( clinton65@att.net)
Date: 24 Jun 2003

I don't know if this has yet been noted here, but it was news to me, so just in case someone else isn't aware...there's a new Charles Willeford collection due out soon (mid-July?) entitled THE SECOND HALF OF THE DOUBLE-FEATURE...

Short stories in this volume:

the old man at the bridge the condemned the pop-off caper the deserted village give the man a cigar citizen's arrest sentences saturday night special to a nephew in college checking out one hero to a war behind him goes his dream an actor prepares the emancipation of henry allen some lucky license a matter of taste the first five in line... the tupperware party the gardener and the princess the laughing machine the man who loved ann landers warren & lee the listener everybody's metamorphosis sand dollar

Poetry:

The five poems from "Outcast Poems" complete "Proletarian Laughter" complete "Poontang and Other Poems" and many unpublished poems

It's being published by Wit's End publishing an looks to be available in both hardcover ($37.95) and trade-paperback ($17.95), though the poetry is available only in the HC.

Ron Clinton