From: William Denton (
Date: 23 Jun 2003

On 23 June 2003, Robison Michael R CNIN wrote:

: Another one I've run into here recently is extreme violence.... I
: haven't seen humor used so effectively since Dick Lochte's SLEEPING DOG.
: It was Carl Hiaasen outrageous without the excess that could be called
: Carl Hiaasen stupid.

You didn't find the violence and the careless humour worked against each other? I left a bad taste in my mouth. They can go together, but Gischler didn't pull it off for me.

William Denton : Toronto, Canada : : Caveat lector.

-- # To unsubscribe from the regular list, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to # This will not work for the digest version. # The web pages for the list are at .