Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: City of Glass

From: Chris Martin ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 20 Jun 2003

Kevin wrote:
>Just FYI: Paul Auster, before the New York trilogy, wrote SQUEEZE PLAY, a
>straight P.I. novel under the name Paul Benjamin. There's an interesting
>essay by some academic guy called Joseph Walker about Auster and the New
>York trilogy (even if it does have a lot of big words in it) at
>http://www.ilstu.edu/~bjbradw/fictionists/auster3.htm.

Thanks for sharing this, Kevin. Spurred on by the discussions of last week, I read City of Glass and enjoyed it greatly. I noticed that the author bio mentioned that Auster had written a P.I. novel using a pseudonym and was curious about it. I'll check it out.

Chris

_________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail